Wednesday, September 12, 2012

back to school backpack

Recognize this guy?

Yep, he's off to pre-K this year!  Not a minute too soon for him either.  He's been watching his three older siblings head out to school forever and he wants in on the action.

Here's his new robot backpack:

I'm sure everyone recognizes this as the wildly popular
This backpack pattern even has it's own flickr group!


It only took me 2 years to get around to making it.  Luckily Rae also included instructions on how to enlarge it from toddler sized to school kid size.  
This fits his folder and lunch box perfectly.
---
He's already informed me that he doesn't miss me at all.  Ouch.
Well, let's hear it for 10 hours of sewing time per week!



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your last starting 'school'! Adorable backpack. Mine are all too old for cute things now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big milestone! Beautiful job on that backpack--I'm in awe of your piping!

    ReplyDelete