Friday, March 9, 2012

summer sewing: Rose T-Shirt pattern

When Melissa of Melly Sews was looking for testers for her latest pattern, I jumped at the chance. 
Here is my version of her new T Shirt pattern, the Rose T-shirt.


This is an extremely verstatile pattern offering sleveless (like mine), short sleeves (next on my list), 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves.  I also loved the fact that it uses a soft knit but with the extra touch at the neckline, which is a woven fabric.  That meant I could break into my scrap drawer since it only uses about a quarter yard!  I used one of my favorites, this bird print from Studio E Natureology, it was left over from one of my favorite skirts


Maura wants me to make one for her, so that's going on my list!

The pattern should be released around March 12th.
Thanks Melly for letting me try it out.  I'll be wearing this all summer.

The timing worked out perfectly, so this will be my first entry for: 


Hooray for Spring tops!!!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I LOVE blue and brown together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - I love the colors. Thanks for testing it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment Kim! I've been gather tons of pictures of her trying to get a scrapbook together. I miss her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shirt! I love the fabric you picked - the contrasting bird print adds such a cute touch. :-)

    ReplyDelete