Friday, March 9, 2012

Colette Peony 1.0 finished

Hooray!  My first incarnation of the Colette Peony Dress is finished. 
This one is in a gray/black herringbone lightweight suiting fabric.

This pattern was easier than I thought, and I only had to make one adjustment.  The whole dress fit good except I had big time gaping at the back, so I took out my zipper and cut off the excess fabric from the upper back on either side of the zipper and it fits much better.  I made the adjustment to my pattern so my next version should fit well.  My ultimate goal for this dress is plaid. 
This dress looks "all business",  which I sort of like.  This would be good for any serious occasion, like meetings at the school.   I like excuses to dress up.

Here's the back. 
Overall I'm really happy I bought this pattern and I'll be making more Peonies in the future.

I actually got to take OUTDOOR photos!  It was windy but warm. 
C'mon Spring!!


  1. Your dress is gorgeous. Makes me want to try this pattern!

    1. Thank you! You should definitely try it!

  2. I followed the link here from the Colette flickr group. I just wanted to say that I love your version of peony. It works really well in the fabric you chose, the gray really sets off the color of your hair :)

    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to try more, maybe more spring-ish for the next one. :)