Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Two Gingers and a Renfrew

If you weren't into sewing that title would sound a little weird.

Here's what I've been up to...

Ginger Skirt #1 
fabric: sueded twill in Charcoal from Fashion Fabrics Club
I was seriously in need of a go-with-everything skirt, and this works for me!  I'm going to toss out a few ill-fitting skirts in my closet, not naming any names, black cord Gap skirt. 

 Ginger Skirt #2
For this version, I was inspired by Sara at Sew Sweetness.  I loved this Ginger she made in a home decor weight fabric.  I had to eliminate the front seam on the pattern because I didn't want any mistakes matching that distinct pattern. 

Renfrew Top
fabric: interlock knit from JoAnn Fabrics
The fabric for this top is an exact match for my Beignet Skirt.
I bought them at the same time, it was one of the only decent colors I could find, but I just happen to love deep red.

Both patterns were SO super easy and fast!  I would recommend these two patterns to anyone, even a beginner.  The directions are very clear and they can be whipped up in no time with many, many options for customization. 

Here are a few more photos because my tripod was working today!


Some of the outtakes were pretty funny, with Travis "helping" with the tripod.
 Happy Wednesday!
 

 


4 comments:

  1. Your Gingers look so good on you! I'd forgotten how much I like this pattern... I wish I owned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I resisted buying it for a long time, because I own so many skirt patterns, but I'm glad I got it now. I feel like with the more expensive patterns if you use them multiple times you can get your money's worth. This is a quick and easy make, so I know I'll use it lots!

      Delete