Friday, January 20, 2012

Valentine's Day Outfit

Three posts in one week!  I'm on a roll.  

OK, I confess, I went ahead and ordered some really great knit fabric from this Ebay store.  I can never find any good knits at my local JoAnn's and though you can find great stripe/printed knits online, the price and shipping make me feel quite guilty.  So I looked for a store where I could buy multiple yards and combine shipping.  It worked out great, and I will buy again from them in the future using the same strategy to combine the shipping.  That was how I got the fabric for Travis' Stripey PJ's.


Here's an outfit I made for a friend who recently adopted a daughter.


The patterns are both from Too Sweets Patterns.  This is the Chic Chic Dress.  The colors made me think of Valentine's Day so I added the "chocolate" heart applique.  Super easy.  I  know this will be a go-to pattern for little girl gifts!


Here is the cardigan.  Pattern found here.  I really love it!  
I added a hidden heart on the lining where a tag would go.


I'm still not done sewing up baby gifts.
My husband's best friend and his wife are expecting their first baby next month.  
I'm in the planning stages for that one.

I also just heard about the Sewing For Boys Sew Along and I'd like to get in on that if time allows.

Have a great weekend!



3 comments:

  1. So cute. I really love that jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just found your blog. In New Hampshire too!! Sewing with knits is something I hope to get better at!! Very cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned so SO CUTE! I love the hidden heart!

    ReplyDelete