Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sew Along Dress - finished!

I finished my dress for the Jamie Dress Sew Along a few days back and was finally able to get some pictures, thanks to my favorite 9 year old photographer, Liam. A few days ago it was too dark, and today it was really bright, maybe too bright. But, I'm not complaining!

This fabric was something I had lying around since last summer. It's from JoAnn's, it a "linen look" fabric. I actually like the drape, it's very light. I was a little worried about the large print making me look large, but I really like this funky pattern - good for summer!

The pattern, the Sis Boom Jamie Dress was actually very easy and enjoyable to follow. I have used Scientific Seamstress patterns in the past and I'm always floored at how great the instructions and photos are. I also loved how easy the paper pattern was to assemble on this one.

The only thing I changed from the pattern instructions was adding a ruched waistband to the back to match the front. Sara added instructions on her blog on how to do that. My favorite thing I learned from this pattern is how to use a glue stick to apply a zipper - SO awesome, how did I not know about this before??
I'm very happy with the dress and I'm already in progress with version #2, it's actual linen. Stay tuned for that one!
Than you, Sara, for hosting this sew along! Check out her flickr group of all the dresses.
Also linking up here:
 

make it wear it

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! ::squeal:: it looks PERFECT on you! Are you happy?? I am so glad you are making another one, you look drop dead gorgeous in this one! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really fun and funky. The fit looks perfect also. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks fabulous! Love the fabric choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you made those dresses with me. :-) And guess what...you won a prize! Please get your mailing address to me and I will pop it in the mail for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices for you in both style and fabric!

    New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this dress is too cute i love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow! You did a FANTASTIC job! I saw your dress featured on the Pink Chalk website and hopped on by. You've inspired me, to say the least! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete