Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Ivy!

Today we're going to a birthday party!  My friend's daughter is turning 5.  Here's what I made for a gift:
It's the Warhol Dress.  Dana has the free pattern here for sizes 6-12 and 3-4 years.  I had to draft this pattern myself using her instructions because I needed a size 6X for the birthday girl.  The ruffle was my own add-on, it needed a little 'pop'.

I really like the yoke on this dress which ties on one side.


Materials used: interlock knit from JoAnn's and I used my Silhouette to make the iron-on transfer.


Ivy, the birthday girl, collects bikes so I thought a bike graphic would be cool and original for a dress.  Then I made a last minute tote with her name on it and added a few books.

It was fun to do some girly sewing for a change.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I actually have some very similar fabric left over from another project... I might have to make this for my niece. Haven't tried any vinyl projects with the Silhouette yet...

    ReplyDelete