Friday, August 6, 2010

freezer paper stenciling - I heart you


When I don't have much time, freezer paper stenciling is such a great quick craft fix.  (I learned it here: freezer paper stenciling tutorial) It also saves me money! I've been sewing more for my family this year than ever and I love it when I make things that I would normally buy for the kids. Like this Totoro shirt! Maura's been wanting one for awhile and on ebay they're like $17 + shipping . Here I've made one for about $3. This is made with one of those cheap Jersey's T-shirts that are on sale everywhere.   The greatest thing about this method of stenciling is how well they wash (using tulip soft fabric paint)!  I'm so glad to have found something that works on shirts that can stand up to repeated washings.
Don't you love Totoro?!


Right now I am also working on a skirt from the book Sew Serendipity.  I am making the skirt on the cover.  I totally did not need another sewing book, but this one I couldn't resist!!  It comes with full-sized patterns to save me time.  I'll show off the skirt when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment